There has never been a better time to take advantage of the Government's Green Deal Home Improvement Fund and claim a grant of up to £7600 as of June 2014. The grant is available for people living in England and Wales.
What can this grant be used for? The grant can be used for things like external wall insulation or a new heating system whereby money will be given back on the contributions made to make these energy efficient home improvements.
The average annual bill saving from installing external wall insulation in a three bed semi-detached house is £270, while savings from upgrading a boiler can be around £100.
Under the new incentive scheme, domestic energy customers will be entitled to:
- Up to £1000 for installing two measures from an approved list; and/or
- Up to £6000 for installing solid wall insulation; and
- Up to £100 refunded for their Green Deal Assessment.
If you are a homeowner, you can claim up to £1500 for installing two measure as stated above.
Core benefits of external wall insulation or EWI:
- Claim up to £6,000;
- Reduces heat loss by up to 45%;
- Increases the value of your property;
- 25-year parts & labour guarantee;
- Increases the life-span of the property.
For more information regarding Green Deal grants click, Green Deal
For more information regarding external wall insulation or EWI click, External Wall Insulation