Moving is stressful but being prepared is half of the battle. Get this right, and your move could be so much easier.
Here we highlight 5 vital tips to help you move quickly and effectively:
1. First, you need to decide on the moving date. Once this is set in stone, you have something to aim for. This means you can start boxing your valuables, make sure your important documents are safe and that you are in a comfortable position to move.
2. Avoid the weekends and Friday if you are hiring a removal company. Removal companies will be busiest on the weekend and often, they will charge more for this privilege too. Try and book a day or two off work in the week, so the move will be cheaper and quicker.
3. Choose a good removal company. There are a number of removal companies available but some are better than others. Listen to friends and families opinions and opt for a company that is experienced and knows what it is doing. Credibility is key.
4. Before your move, hire professional cleaners. Professional cleaners may cost a bit of money in the initial stages but this will mean you are moving into a completely clean home and you won’t have to spend all week cleaning up mess from other people.
5. Get a babysitter or pet sitter. Often people struggle with looking after the children or pets during a move. We love them but they have a knack at getting in the way, so try to find someone to look after them during the move.
Moving home is always going to have its stresses and complications but by following these 5 simple yet vital tips, it will be made much easier for you and your family. Good luck with the move and your new home.