With today's real estate market in the dog house and spooked credit markets, people thinking of home remodeling have tough decisions to make. We offer some things to consider to help you make some decisions. No One has a Crystal Ball No one knows the future of the economy and housing market. However, most of us know our likes and dislikes and our tolerance for risk. The housing market has always had its ups and downs and it's certain to continue. If you are thinking about home remodeling, you're probably thinking of many other alternatives as well. You can:
- Stay put and remodel your existing home,
- Purchase another house to get the features you want, or
- Unless you’re very lucky, you might find you’re still going to have to remodel that home as well.
- Does the neighborhood still meet my needs?
- How long will I stay in the house?
- What are remodeling projects return the most value?
- How much should I put into the project?
- What are the total costs?
- Will I really get what I want by remodeling?